Chile’s Minister of Transport and Telecommunications is attending the Mobile World Congress this week to investigate the potential for introducing mobile transportation ticketing within the next few months, Chilean publication Emol reports. Plans call for requirements to be defined by April 2012 so that initial deployments can begin in June or July this year.
- A guide to tokenization — The essential enabler for expanding the world of commerce
- Hyundai’s Contactless Car launches at London’s King’s Cross station
- Android Pay enters 11th global market with launch in Russia
- Samsung Pay goes live in Taiwan with seven banks
- Apple Pay violates patents held by security technology inventor, lawsuit alleges