Chile’s Minister of Transport and Telecommunications is attending the Mobile World Congress this week to investigate the potential for introducing mobile transportation ticketing within the next few months, Chilean publication Emol reports. Plans call for requirements to be defined by April 2012 so that initial deployments can begin in June or July this year.
- Amazon begins delivering parcels to consumers’ cars
- Copenhagen Business School lets students make payments with just their finger — no card or smartphone required
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents