Chile’s Minister of Transport and Telecommunications is attending the Mobile World Congress this week to investigate the potential for introducing mobile transportation ticketing within the next few months, Chilean publication Emol reports. Plans call for requirements to be defined by April 2012 so that initial deployments can begin in June or July this year.
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry
- What code is running on Apple’s Secure Enclave security chip? Now we have a decryption key…
- Digital payment platforms primed to topple cash