Opera Software has added support for NFC peer-to-peer information sharing to its popular mobile internet browser. The new functionality, which works via Android Beam, is included in the latest version of Opera Mobile which is now available to download from Android Market.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments