Some Google Wallet users running the app on rooted NFC phones are now seeing a message pointing out that their phone is an unsuppported device. Clicking on a ‘learn more’ link, Droid Life reports, provides a warning that gaining root access can disable important security mechanisms and “we strongly discourage doing so if you plan to use Google Wallet”.
- India to move to contactless driving licences that traffic officers can read with NFC devices
- French bank pilots fingerprint card that removes the contactless transaction limit
- Google includes custom security chip in Pixel 3 smartphones
- ST unveils turnkey payment solution for smartwatches and wearables
- Mastercard to phase out signature panels on bank cards