Some Google Wallet users running the app on rooted NFC phones are now seeing a message pointing out that their phone is an unsuppported device. Clicking on a ‘learn more’ link, Droid Life reports, provides a warning that gaining root access can disable important security mechanisms and “we strongly discourage doing so if you plan to use Google Wallet”.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa