Nokia is to close down its Nokia Money service, which was launched in India in late 2011 and was expected to expand internationally. “The mobile financial services business is not core to Nokia so we plan to exit the business,” a Nokia spokesman has told Reuters.
- Apple adds support for Express Card NFC transactions that work even when an iPhone’s battery is almost flat
- Apple updates Core NFC to allow NFC tags to be read without opening an app
- Rambus gets Visa Ready certification for its ecommerce token gateway
- Mobile contactless payment volumes to rise by 30% a year to 2022
- French football club to launch its own cryptocurrency