A survey conducted by Auriemma Consulting Group has found that 30% of respondents would switch handsets in order to use their phones to make purchases and the figure rises to 41% amongst the under-45s. 23% of consumers would also consider switching mobile providers to get a phone with the ability to make mobile payments.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit