Google Wallet founding engineer Jonathan Wall and product lead Marc Freed-Finnegan have left the search giant to form their own company, Techcrunch reports. The startup is called Tappmo and is billed as a “next generation commerce network”.
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service
- Blockchain mobile payments pilot to go live in Mongolia
- US credit unions to offer blockchain digital ID service