Google Wallet founding engineer Jonathan Wall and product lead Marc Freed-Finnegan have left the search giant to form their own company, Techcrunch reports. The startup is called Tappmo and is billed as a “next generation commerce network”.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments