Google Wallet founding engineer Jonathan Wall and product lead Marc Freed-Finnegan have left the search giant to form their own company, Techcrunch reports. The startup is called Tappmo and is billed as a “next generation commerce network”.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone