GuestLogix has launched Global Payment Services, a payments processing platform for airlines that supports NFC as well as cash and credit card transactions, debit cards, loyalty cards, coupons, pre-payments and micropayments. The service is compatible with multiple on-board hardware platforms including seat back screens and other in-flight entertainment systems, kiosks, smartphones, tablets and handheld POS terminals.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit