The number of NFC phones shipped will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 87.8% between now and 2016, according to a new forecast from Berg Insight, taking the number of phones shipped from 2011’s 30m to 700m in 2016.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa