The number of NFC phones shipped will grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 87.8% between now and 2016, according to a new forecast from Berg Insight, taking the number of phones shipped from 2011’s 30m to 700m in 2016.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones