RFID giant Smartrac has completed its acquisition of UPM’s RFID business, a leading supplier of NFC tags. “We are pleased that our pioneering RFID team and their excellence have a new home at Smartrac, making it the undisputable leader in the RFID industry,” says UPM’s Jussi Vanhanen. “As a shareholder of Smartrac, UPM keeps a keen interest on the rapidly developing RFID market.”
- Fossil to add NFC payments to multiple smartwatch brands?
- SPA white paper examines the potential of bank cards with built-in biometric sensors
- Citi to let customers check their bank account from within Facebook Messenger
- BBVA tests face recognition payments
- Indian mobile payments firms raised US$1.5bn in funding in 2017