Rob von Behren, a co-founder of Google Wallet, has left the search giant to join Square as a “hyperspatial payments pioneer”. Fellow co-founder Jonathan Wall and product lead Marc Freed-Finnegan left Google in March to form Tappmo.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain