Rob von Behren, a co-founder of Google Wallet, has left the search giant to join Square as a “hyperspatial payments pioneer”. Fellow co-founder Jonathan Wall and product lead Marc Freed-Finnegan left Google in March to form Tappmo.
- Apple adds support for Express Card NFC transactions that work even when an iPhone’s battery is almost flat
- Apple updates Core NFC to allow NFC tags to be read without opening an app
- Rambus gets Visa Ready certification for its ecommerce token gateway
- Mobile contactless payment volumes to rise by 30% a year to 2022
- French football club to launch its own cryptocurrency