Rob von Behren, a co-founder of Google Wallet, has left the search giant to join Square as a “hyperspatial payments pioneer”. Fellow co-founder Jonathan Wall and product lead Marc Freed-Finnegan left Google in March to form Tappmo.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card