Rob von Behren, a co-founder of Google Wallet, has left the search giant to join Square as a “hyperspatial payments pioneer”. Fellow co-founder Jonathan Wall and product lead Marc Freed-Finnegan left Google in March to form Tappmo.
- ECB survey finds cash still dominates payments in the euro zone
- Bangkok street food vendors switch to mobile payments
- Starling Bank integrates third party rewards into open banking platform
- Sberbank to build ID platform that supports face, voice and retina biometrics
- Messaging app Line reports 40m mobile payment users