NFC and secure transaction testing and advisory firm Collis has been acquired by UL, a safety science company with 9,000 employees in more than 100 countries. “The addition positions UL as the world’s first global provider of end-to-end transaction security, interoperability and conformance evaluation and advisory services for the mobile, payment card, e-ticketing and ID management sectors,” says UL.
- Atos offers to acquire Gemalto for €4.3bn
- Men’s Health gives positive review to Gymkit with NFC
- First US gym adds support for Apple Watch NFC pairing with exercise machines
- Australian banks ordered to cut contactless transaction fees
- GfK: Promoting the security of mobile payments could be the key to wider adoption