Grenoble is to get a local NFC payments system, reports 20minutes.fr. The French city is sinking €1.3m into Mobi’Alpes, which will allow citizens and visitors with NFC phones to pay tram fares, follow tourist trails and even pay for ski passes. The system, being developed by the City of Grenoble, transportation operator SMTC and the local tourism office, is expected to go live in late 2014.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service