Grenoble is to get a local NFC payments system, reports 20minutes.fr. The French city is sinking €1.3m into Mobi’Alpes, which will allow citizens and visitors with NFC phones to pay tram fares, follow tourist trails and even pay for ski passes. The system, being developed by the City of Grenoble, transportation operator SMTC and the local tourism office, is expected to go live in late 2014.
- Android Pay to launch in Korea in May?
- Nordea Bank: PSD2 will require banks to adopt a ‘totally new way of viewing their customer base’
- UK consumers want more biometric security options for online banking
- Apple Pay struggles in China in the face of tough competition
- Study reveals US attitudes to authentication methods