Grenoble is to get a local NFC payments system, reports 20minutes.fr. The French city is sinking €1.3m into Mobi’Alpes, which will allow citizens and visitors with NFC phones to pay tram fares, follow tourist trails and even pay for ski passes. The system, being developed by the City of Grenoble, transportation operator SMTC and the local tourism office, is expected to go live in late 2014.
- Garmin Pay expands to three new smartwatches
- Barclays files blockchain funds transfer and KYC patents
- More than half a billion Chinese consumers now use mobile payments
- Mastercard patent proposes combining blockchain with existing payments systems
- Shoppers prefer Apple Pay over Walmart Pay