Grenoble is to get a local NFC payments system, reports 20minutes.fr. The French city is sinking €1.3m into Mobi’Alpes, which will allow citizens and visitors with NFC phones to pay tram fares, follow tourist trails and even pay for ski passes. The system, being developed by the City of Grenoble, transportation operator SMTC and the local tourism office, is expected to go live in late 2014.
- One in 10 UK consumers have used mobile payments, survey reveals
- 25% of UK card payments now contactless
- NFC included in Nintendo Switch controller
- US bank to upgrade all ATMs for mobile withdrawals
- Australian bank offers instant digital card replacement