Grenoble is to get a local NFC payments system, reports 20minutes.fr. The French city is sinking €1.3m into Mobi’Alpes, which will allow citizens and visitors with NFC phones to pay tram fares, follow tourist trails and even pay for ski passes. The system, being developed by the City of Grenoble, transportation operator SMTC and the local tourism office, is expected to go live in late 2014.
- ABN Amro pilots wearable payments with select customers
- Danske Bank brings Apple Pay to customers in Northern Ireland
- Dankort gets lockscreen mobile payments and Touch ID support
- Punchh brings Apple Pay to restaurant loyalty program
- East London gets local currency built on the blockchain