Grenoble is to get a local NFC payments system, reports 20minutes.fr. The French city is sinking €1.3m into Mobi’Alpes, which will allow citizens and visitors with NFC phones to pay tram fares, follow tourist trails and even pay for ski passes. The system, being developed by the City of Grenoble, transportation operator SMTC and the local tourism office, is expected to go live in late 2014.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- India’s Mobikwik aims to triple user base in 2017
- Consumers show more trust in mobile wallet security
- Crédit Mutuel Arkéa launches HCE mobile payments developed with Antelop
- US banks launch money-transfer app