Grenoble is to get a local NFC payments system, reports 20minutes.fr. The French city is sinking €1.3m into Mobi’Alpes, which will allow citizens and visitors with NFC phones to pay tram fares, follow tourist trails and even pay for ski passes. The system, being developed by the City of Grenoble, transportation operator SMTC and the local tourism office, is expected to go live in late 2014.
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works