Grenoble is to get a local NFC payments system, reports 20minutes.fr. The French city is sinking €1.3m into Mobi’Alpes, which will allow citizens and visitors with NFC phones to pay tram fares, follow tourist trails and even pay for ski passes. The system, being developed by the City of Grenoble, transportation operator SMTC and the local tourism office, is expected to go live in late 2014.
- Tappy adds biometric security to wearable payments devices
- Alipay demonstrates offline QR payments for public transport fares
- GlobalPlatform reports growth in secure element shipments
- Rambus launches bank-grade blockchain and cryptocurrency security platform
- NFC World is at Money20/20 this week