Phone maker Sony has applied for a patent which could see fingerprint sensors and cameras built into mobile phone screens. “Many technology analysts predict that mobile phones fitted with near field communication (NFC) technology will be used in place of credit cards to buy goods in the near future,” points out a BBC News report. “To feel safe with the idea consumers may demand that their phone’s security checks are more robust than a four-digit pin code.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works