Phone maker Sony has applied for a patent which could see fingerprint sensors and cameras built into mobile phone screens. “Many technology analysts predict that mobile phones fitted with near field communication (NFC) technology will be used in place of credit cards to buy goods in the near future,” points out a BBC News report. “To feel safe with the idea consumers may demand that their phone’s security checks are more robust than a four-digit pin code.”
- Apple Pay about to go live in Brazil?
- Brazil to introduce multifunction driver’s licenses that can be read with an NFC phone
- Avis pilots mobile car rental keys
- Trimet to roll out world’s first integration of transit ticketing card with Android Pay
- Kroger grocery stores to accept Chase Pay mobile payments