Phone maker Sony has applied for a patent which could see fingerprint sensors and cameras built into mobile phone screens. “Many technology analysts predict that mobile phones fitted with near field communication (NFC) technology will be used in place of credit cards to buy goods in the near future,” points out a BBC News report. “To feel safe with the idea consumers may demand that their phone’s security checks are more robust than a four-digit pin code.”
- Dejamobile raises €2.5m to expand its technical and commercial teams
- Singapore banks begin rollout of NetsPay NFC and QR mobile wallet
- Apple Pay set to launch in Poland and the Netherlands?
- Eftpos brings Apple Pay debit payments to Australia with Rambus tokenization technology
- NFC mobile payments users triple in Poland in a year