Inside Secure’s consolidated revenues grew 94% to US$151m in 2011, due mostly to strong sales of NFC chips. The French company, which went public in February, supplies BlackBerry-maker RIM with NFC chips and estimates it has a market share of close to 50% by volume. “2011 was the take-off year for the NFC market and created substantial benefit for Inside Secure,” says CEO Rémy de Tonnac.
- China’s Baidu enters strategic partnership with Paypal to tap Chinese tourists
- Wirecard explains how the IoT and AI will transform the future of payments
- Facial recognition technology to replace passports at Australian airports
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain
- Moneris study reveals 36% contactless payment increase in Canada