Inside Secure’s consolidated revenues grew 94% to US$151m in 2011, due mostly to strong sales of NFC chips. The French company, which went public in February, supplies BlackBerry-maker RIM with NFC chips and estimates it has a market share of close to 50% by volume. “2011 was the take-off year for the NFC market and created substantial benefit for Inside Secure,” says CEO Rémy de Tonnac.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa