Inside Secure’s consolidated revenues grew 94% to US$151m in 2011, due mostly to strong sales of NFC chips. The French company, which went public in February, supplies BlackBerry-maker RIM with NFC chips and estimates it has a market share of close to 50% by volume. “2011 was the take-off year for the NFC market and created substantial benefit for Inside Secure,” says CEO Rémy de Tonnac.
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends
- Seoul moves forward with plans for its own S-Pay payments system
- NXP supplies contactless and NFC chips for World Cup tickets and match balls
- Grab unveils plan to turn its mobile wallet into a platform
- WeChat Pay ‘will not seek to offer more local payment wallets’