Inside Secure’s consolidated revenues grew 94% to US$151m in 2011, due mostly to strong sales of NFC chips. The French company, which went public in February, supplies BlackBerry-maker RIM with NFC chips and estimates it has a market share of close to 50% by volume. “2011 was the take-off year for the NFC market and created substantial benefit for Inside Secure,” says CEO Rémy de Tonnac.
- Chevrolet and Shell let drivers pay for fuel and access offers from their vehicles
- US supermarket chain Meijer to launch mobile self-checkout service
- Charity to roll out contactless donation screens following successful three week pilot
- Google’s mobile payments app has now been installed 100m times
- JCB to pilot biometric payment cards in Japan