Inside Secure’s consolidated revenues grew 94% to US$151m in 2011, due mostly to strong sales of NFC chips. The French company, which went public in February, supplies BlackBerry-maker RIM with NFC chips and estimates it has a market share of close to 50% by volume. “2011 was the take-off year for the NFC market and created substantial benefit for Inside Secure,” says CEO Rémy de Tonnac.
- Hong Kong links QR codes to faster payments to boost mobile wallet adoption
- Japanese bank pilots blockchain mobile payments in bars and restaurants
- Armani launches Wear OS smartwatch with NFC payments
- GlobalPlatform sets out IoT security role for secure elements
- Apple to focus on access control for next wave of NFC applications