US print giant Quad/Graphics has revealed it produced the 500,000 NFC-tagged inserts included in Wired magazine’s April 2012 issue. The advertisement, for luxury car maker Lexus, was the first large-scale deployment of NFC tags in advertising and used chips supplied by NXP.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit