US print giant Quad/Graphics has revealed it produced the 500,000 NFC-tagged inserts included in Wired magazine’s April 2012 issue. The advertisement, for luxury car maker Lexus, was the first large-scale deployment of NFC tags in advertising and used chips supplied by NXP.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa