Serbian mobile network operator Telekom Srbija has begun an NFC payments pilot in cooperation with Banca Intesa. Pilot participants are using BlackBerry Bold 9900 NFC phones with a MasterCard PayPass application stored on the SIM.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card