Serbian mobile network operator Telekom Srbija has begun an NFC payments pilot in cooperation with Banca Intesa. Pilot participants are using BlackBerry Bold 9900 NFC phones with a MasterCard PayPass application stored on the SIM.
- NFC Forum launches tag certification program
- Students test finger vein payments at UK supermarket
- Hilton lets customers pay with points for Amazon purchases
- Apple releases iOS 11 with support for NFC tag reading
- Bank of England examines the technical requirements of central bank-issued digital currencies