Serbian mobile network operator Telekom Srbija has begun an NFC payments pilot in cooperation with Banca Intesa. Pilot participants are using BlackBerry Bold 9900 NFC phones with a MasterCard PayPass application stored on the SIM.
- Shell pilots RFID system that scans all the items in a shopping basket in one go
- Metro Bank lets customers open an account with a selfie
- Dutch banks ING and Rabobank begin QR code payments pilot
- ABN Amro pulls out of Dutch banks’ mobile payment venture
- Commonwealth Bank introduces chatbot that can answer 200 banking and payments questions