Indian handset manufacturer Lava has launched the first Intel-powered NFC smartphone. The Xolo X900, available in India for around R22,000 (US$422) from 23 April, has a 4.03-inch touchscreen and ships with Android 2.3 with an upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich promised later.
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets