Indian handset manufacturer Lava has launched the first Intel-powered NFC smartphone. The Xolo X900, available in India for around R22,000 (US$422) from 23 April, has a 4.03-inch touchscreen and ships with Android 2.3 with an upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich promised later.
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case
- Samsung Pay Rewards expands to Spain