Indian handset manufacturer Lava has launched the first Intel-powered NFC smartphone. The Xolo X900, available in India for around R22,000 (US$422) from 23 April, has a 4.03-inch touchscreen and ships with Android 2.3 with an upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich promised later.
- SPA white paper examines the potential of bank cards with built-in biometric sensors
- Citi to let customers check their bank account from within Facebook Messenger
- BBVA tests face recognition payments
- Indian mobile payments firms raised US$1.5bn in funding in 2017
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones