The European Commission (EC) has started a public consultation to find out what framework is needed to unleash the potential benefits of the coming ‘internet of things’. “An internet of things with intelligence embedded into everyday objects is the next big thing,” says Neelie Kroes, the EC’s vice president for the digital agenda. “I want to promote an internet of things that serves our economic and societal goals, whilst preserving security, privacy and the respect of ethical values.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works