The successor to Samsung’s wildly popular Galaxy S II flagship handset looks set to launch at a press event in London on the evening of Thursday 3 May. NFC watchers will be hoping for wider availability of the technology in the Samsung Galaxy S III after its predecessor only sported NFC hardware in selected markets.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service