The successor to Samsung’s wildly popular Galaxy S II flagship handset looks set to launch at a press event in London on the evening of Thursday 3 May. NFC watchers will be hoping for wider availability of the technology in the Samsung Galaxy S III after its predecessor only sported NFC hardware in selected markets.
- Japanese banks get go ahead for digital currency launch
- UK supermarket pilots self-checkout service that lets shoppers scan and pay by smartphone
- Contactless ‘beer wall’ lets students serve and pay for their own drinks
- UK consumers warm to face verification at the point of sale
- Heart scan biometrics could let computers continuously monitor logged in users