As Azerbaijan moves towards non-cash payment from its current predominantly cash-based economy, some 86% of residents of capital city Baku say they would like to carry out contactless payments with their phones. Abc.az reports that research conducted by MasterCard, which is introducing its PayPass system in the country, also found that 31% would like to see contactless payment built into watches while 26% would like pay-by-touch bracelets.
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands
- The world’s biggest electronics store uses NFC tags to let shoppers self-checkout on their mobile phones