As Azerbaijan moves towards non-cash payment from its current predominantly cash-based economy, some 86% of residents of capital city Baku say they would like to carry out contactless payments with their phones. Abc.az reports that research conducted by MasterCard, which is introducing its PayPass system in the country, also found that 31% would like to see contactless payment built into watches while 26% would like pay-by-touch bracelets.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- Survey: India now has a higher percentage of citizens with a mobile wallet than China
- Alipay users sent red packets worth $79m during Chinese New Year
- Apple Pay users doubled in 2017 to 127m, says top analyst
- Six more Amazon Go stores to open this year?