As Azerbaijan moves towards non-cash payment from its current predominantly cash-based economy, some 86% of residents of capital city Baku say they would like to carry out contactless payments with their phones. Abc.az reports that research conducted by MasterCard, which is introducing its PayPass system in the country, also found that 31% would like to see contactless payment built into watches while 26% would like pay-by-touch bracelets.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain