As Azerbaijan moves towards non-cash payment from its current predominantly cash-based economy, some 86% of residents of capital city Baku say they would like to carry out contactless payments with their phones. Abc.az reports that research conducted by MasterCard, which is introducing its PayPass system in the country, also found that 31% would like to see contactless payment built into watches while 26% would like pay-by-touch bracelets.
- Google Home owners get voice commands for grocery shopping
- Kenyan banks roll out PesaLink real-time direct P2P mobile payments
- Fashion retailers test smart mirrors for mobile payments
- New iPhone to feature 3D laser facial recognition scanner?
- Russian mobile network MTS launches first phase of Money Wallet payments, transfer and loyalty service