As Azerbaijan moves towards non-cash payment from its current predominantly cash-based economy, some 86% of residents of capital city Baku say they would like to carry out contactless payments with their phones. Abc.az reports that research conducted by MasterCard, which is introducing its PayPass system in the country, also found that 31% would like to see contactless payment built into watches while 26% would like pay-by-touch bracelets.
- SBI adds cardless mobile cash withdrawals at 16,500 ATMs across India
- WeChat Pay reports 500% increase in transaction volumes
- Public Transport Victoria to add Myki transit cards to Google Pay
- Samsung Pay promotes mobile payments adoption with prize draw for UK users
- GlobalPlatform releases secure element specs for system-on-chip deployments