As Azerbaijan moves towards non-cash payment from its current predominantly cash-based economy, some 86% of residents of capital city Baku say they would like to carry out contactless payments with their phones. Abc.az reports that research conducted by MasterCard, which is introducing its PayPass system in the country, also found that 31% would like to see contactless payment built into watches while 26% would like pay-by-touch bracelets.
- Reader offer: Get a free ‘POS terminal in a box’ dev kit from STMicroelectronics
- Central bank tightens rules on accepting cards and cash in Chinese stores
- Eight million merchants now accept Paytm QR payments in stores
- Facebook patent sets out how AIs could accept Messenger payments
- Uber to let customers use Venmo to share costs with friends