South African banks and retailers are likely to be slow to adopt NFC, due to the high cost of enabling infrastructure, Tim Walter, Nashua Mobile‘s executive head of marketing, has told ITWeb. “SA’s big four banks, however, remain optimistic regarding the future of mobile NFC in SA, despite incumbent challenges,” the publication reports.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa