South African banks and retailers are likely to be slow to adopt NFC, due to the high cost of enabling infrastructure, Tim Walter, Nashua Mobile‘s executive head of marketing, has told ITWeb. “SA’s big four banks, however, remain optimistic regarding the future of mobile NFC in SA, despite incumbent challenges,” the publication reports.
- NXP to host NFC for consumables and accessories webinar on 22 February
- eMarketer: Mobile payments adoption held back by ‘strong contactless card usage’ in Europe
- Korean card companies to launch joint NFC payments service in bid to combat Chinese QR threat
- Wells Fargo puts AI into mobile app to help customers manage their money
- Apple CEO: Mobile payments taking off more slowly than expected