South African banks and retailers are likely to be slow to adopt NFC, due to the high cost of enabling infrastructure, Tim Walter, Nashua Mobile‘s executive head of marketing, has told ITWeb. “SA’s big four banks, however, remain optimistic regarding the future of mobile NFC in SA, despite incumbent challenges,” the publication reports.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card