BlackBerry NFC phone users can now check into locations via NFC, as well as share places and tips with each other and Android NFC phone users, with the addition of NFC support to the BlackBerry edition of Foursquare. The check-in service added NFC to its Symbian app in November 2011 and to its Android app in February 2012.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security