BlackBerry NFC phone users can now check into locations via NFC, as well as share places and tips with each other and Android NFC phone users, with the addition of NFC support to the BlackBerry edition of Foursquare. The check-in service added NFC to its Symbian app in November 2011 and to its Android app in February 2012.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone