BlackBerry NFC phone users can now check into locations via NFC, as well as share places and tips with each other and Android NFC phone users, with the addition of NFC support to the BlackBerry edition of Foursquare. The check-in service added NFC to its Symbian app in November 2011 and to its Android app in February 2012.
- Rambus forecasts omnichannel tokenization and ‘merchant pay’ as key trends for 2018
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case