New Zealand carrier 2degrees is to announce an NFC transportation ticketing pilot in the city of Wellington this week, the Dominion Post reports. Commuters will be able to use their NFC phones to pay for bus fares, as an alternative to the existing Snapper contactless cards, says the report. It will be the second NFC ticketing pilot announced for New Zealand this week, following the news that Telecom New Zealand, Westpac and Paymark are to test NFC in Auckland.
- Metrolink rolls out open loop ticketing on Manchester trams
- Shinhan to put credit cards on the blockchain
- Turkey unveils plans for a central bank-issued digital currency
- Samsung partners with Korean banks and carriers to launch blockchain mobile ID platform
- Libra to use QR codes to let consumers buy and sell cryptocurrency