Google has been granted a patent for transferring application state information from one device to another via NFC, a system which is similar to the company’s Android Beam service. The patent outlines methods to allow a user to switch from one device to another while continuing to work with the same application or content. “It is easy to read email from a smart phone but difficult to reply due to the size limitations on the phone keyboard,” explains the application. “A user may start a draft of a message on a phone, but prefer to finish the draft using a tablet.”
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models
- PayPal launches its Xoom mobile remittance service in Europe
- Miami-Dade to roll out open loop ticketing in August?