Google has been granted a patent for transferring application state information from one device to another via NFC, a system which is similar to the company’s Android Beam service. The patent outlines methods to allow a user to switch from one device to another while continuing to work with the same application or content. “It is easy to read email from a smart phone but difficult to reply due to the size limitations on the phone keyboard,” explains the application. “A user may start a draft of a message on a phone, but prefer to finish the draft using a tablet.”
- Meet NFC World partners at Seamless Middle East
- Goode reports on growth of biometric authentication
- 3.4bn phones will support Apple Pay, Android Pay and Samsung Pay by year end
- Apple to launch P2P payments and debit card this year?
- Guide introduces how Android Pay works