A total of 16m NFC SIMs were shipped globally in 2011, according to the SIMalliance‘s annual review of the global SIM market. NFC SIMs include an NFC secure element as well as standard SIM card functionality and are used by mobile network operators as the secure area in an NFC-enabled mobile phone.
- India to rank states on digital transactions
- HSBC to launch Hong Kong P2P mobile payments app
- Indian mobile wallet adds healthcare services
- Singapore commuters to get NFC-enabled transport payment wearables
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain