A total of 16m NFC SIMs were shipped globally in 2011, according to the SIMalliance‘s annual review of the global SIM market. NFC SIMs include an NFC secure element as well as standard SIM card functionality and are used by mobile network operators as the secure area in an NFC-enabled mobile phone.
- New iPhones and Apple Watch to support NFC-F for FeliCa payments around the world
- Swarovski lets shoppers make payments in VR
- Cambridge academics report on cryptocurrency market status
- Central Bank of Uruguay to run mobile currency pilot
- Mastercard applies for blockchain B2B payments patent