A total of 16m NFC SIMs were shipped globally in 2011, according to the SIMalliance‘s annual review of the global SIM market. NFC SIMs include an NFC secure element as well as standard SIM card functionality and are used by mobile network operators as the secure area in an NFC-enabled mobile phone.
- Australia’s central bank explores the issue of electronic banknotes
- Gemalto rejects Atos’ bid to acquire it for €4.3bn
- Nordea switches on its open banking platform
- Ford gets patent for smartphone key case
- Samsung Pay Rewards expands to Spain