The European Commission has prolonged the deadline for a decision on whether to give the go ahead to the UK carrier-led ‘Project Oscar’ NFC joint venture, Bloomberg reports. The decision will now not be made until 19 September, 17 days later than originally planned. “The EU’s merger control authority didn’t give a reason for the extension,” says Bloomberg. Objectors to the venture included Google and PayPal, according to the Financial Times.
- Giant Eagle trials scan-free self-checkout in US supermarket
- Amorim adds NFC to cork bottle stoppers
- LG Pay goes live in the US with NFC and mag stripe mobile payments
- East reports on Apple Pay fraud in Europe
- IMF reports on the impact of digital money on banking business models