The European Commission has prolonged the deadline for a decision on whether to give the go ahead to the UK carrier-led ‘Project Oscar’ NFC joint venture, Bloomberg reports. The decision will now not be made until 19 September, 17 days later than originally planned. “The EU’s merger control authority didn’t give a reason for the extension,” says Bloomberg. Objectors to the venture included Google and PayPal, according to the Financial Times.
- Australian banks set to abandon Apple Pay boycott
- Tappy Christmas! Save the Children raises money with contactless jumpers
- Bayern Munich adds NFC ticketing for Apple users at Allianz Arena
- Barclays lets customers use their mobile banking app to restrict the type of stores their card can be used in
- Guess unveils fashion watches with contactless payment bands