The European Commission has prolonged the deadline for a decision on whether to give the go ahead to the UK carrier-led ‘Project Oscar’ NFC joint venture, Bloomberg reports. The decision will now not be made until 19 September, 17 days later than originally planned. “The EU’s merger control authority didn’t give a reason for the extension,” says Bloomberg. Objectors to the venture included Google and PayPal, according to the Financial Times.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa