The European Commission has prolonged the deadline for a decision on whether to give the go ahead to the UK carrier-led ‘Project Oscar’ NFC joint venture, Bloomberg reports. The decision will now not be made until 19 September, 17 days later than originally planned. “The EU’s merger control authority didn’t give a reason for the extension,” says Bloomberg. Objectors to the venture included Google and PayPal, according to the Financial Times.
- Lessons learned from implementing HCE for cloud-based NFC mobile payments — See the webinar now on NFC World
- Cartes Bancaires picks Gemalto to ease member banks’ NFC mobile payments offer
- Alipay comes to more Australian stores
- Australian bank reveals NFC payments sticker use
- Apple Pay adds US and Australian banks