Nav Bains, the GSMA‘s high profile business lead for NFC, has left the carrier trade association to join NFC supplier Vivotech as VP of business development for telecommunications and channel management. “This is a defining time for the deployment and adoption of NFC technology worldwide, and Vivotech’s collaborative approach to improve adoption and overcome industry barriers is one that I fully support,” says Bains.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone