Antenna specialist Taoglas has launched two off-the-shelf ‘peel and stick’ NFC antennas. The FXR.01, a flexible polymer antenna designed for use in M2M devices, measures 54mm by 37mm by 0.1mm and provides an average read distance of 5cm. The smaller FXT.01 is designed for use in passive tags and requires no additional matching components. The company also offers custom NFC antenna design services.
- Dutch bank Bunq finds a backdoor way to offer Apple Pay in the Netherlands
- AirAsia to enter the mobile payments market
- Apple’s Gymkit with NFC begins to gain traction
- Macy’s brings mobile self-checkout to department stores
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments