The NFC functionality in the recently announced Samsung Galaxy S III is provided by NXP, the NFC chip specialist has announced. The S III uses NXP’s PN65 solution, which provides it with both an NFC controller and an embedded secure element. The device also includes a secure execution environment within its main application processor, provided by Giesecke & Devrient.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa