The NFC functionality in the recently announced Samsung Galaxy S III is provided by NXP, the NFC chip specialist has announced. The S III uses NXP’s PN65 solution, which provides it with both an NFC controller and an embedded secure element. The device also includes a secure execution environment within its main application processor, provided by Giesecke & Devrient.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security