HTC is to release an NFC version of its new Desire C mid-range phone. The handset, positioned as an ideal first smartphone, runs Android 4 and features Beats audio. “An NFC variant of this model [allows] users to make payments or access information and offers,” says the company. The Desire C is expected to be available from June and will retail at around £170, according to Engadget.
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps
- US Bank ties credit card points to mobile payments