HTC is to release an NFC version of its new Desire C mid-range phone. The handset, positioned as an ideal first smartphone, runs Android 4 and features Beats audio. “An NFC variant of this model [allows] users to make payments or access information and offers,” says the company. The Desire C is expected to be available from June and will retail at around £170, according to Engadget.
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets