HTC is to release an NFC version of its new Desire C mid-range phone. The handset, positioned as an ideal first smartphone, runs Android 4 and features Beats audio. “An NFC variant of this model [allows] users to make payments or access information and offers,” says the company. The Desire C is expected to be available from June and will retail at around £170, according to Engadget.
- Startup tracks fine art provenance using NFC tags and blockchain registry
- iPhone XS packs chips for payments from NXP and ST
- Paytm to test face verification for payments in stores?
- Huami includes NFC for travelcards, payments and access control in $116 budget smartwatch
- Google Pay closes payments data sharing loophole