French smart card IC design house Starchip is sampling a new SIM chip designed for high-end SIM and NFC applications. The SCF335H is the first in a new family, says the firm, and offers at least 30% cost savings on the company’s previous generation of SIM controllers.
- Masterpass QR expands to merchants across Sub-Saharan Africa
- Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus to support Bluetooth 5
- HSBC and First Direct join Pay by Bank app
- Apple Pay in-store adoption is “growing nicely”
- Apple details Touch ID and PC-to-phone payment security features