The mobile wallet offering from Sweden’s four network operators is to be called WyWallet and is due to launch in mid-2012, Lars Aase of Swedish mobile payments specialist Accumulate has told NFC World. The joint venture will be going head to head with peer-to-peer payments startup Swish, which is backed by Nordea and five other banks and will launch in the autumn.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card