The mobile wallet offering from Sweden’s four network operators is to be called WyWallet and is due to launch in mid-2012, Lars Aase of Swedish mobile payments specialist Accumulate has told NFC World. The joint venture will be going head to head with peer-to-peer payments startup Swish, which is backed by Nordea and five other banks and will launch in the autumn.
- Dejamobile to offer seamless banking and mobile payments enrolment via smartphone
- Russian banks prep for launch of national biometric ID platform
- UK to move beyond ‘peak cash’ this year
- Australian iPhone users ‘more likely to bank with a provider if it supports Apple Pay’
- Google Pay replaces Android Pay app starting today