The mobile wallet offering from Sweden’s four network operators is to be called WyWallet and is due to launch in mid-2012, Lars Aase of Swedish mobile payments specialist Accumulate has told NFC World. The joint venture will be going head to head with peer-to-peer payments startup Swish, which is backed by Nordea and five other banks and will launch in the autumn.
- Scotiabank adds multi-loyalty programs to mobile banking apps
- Urban Airship analysis of retailers’ mobile wallet coupons and loyalty cards reveals widespread peer-to-peer sharing
- Brewery puts NFC tags in beer coasters in San Diego pub
- Bahrain to launch national e-wallet on July 4
- Square gets green light to take on banks with ‘PIN on glass’ mobile technology