Bank-led industry association Mobey Forum is participating in the Trusted Computing Group‘s Industry Liaison Programme. The two organisations will work together to enhance the development of security standards in mobile financial services. “The current security standards for mobile devices lack the perspective of financial institutions, and their specific needs for mobile payments and mobile banking,” explains Mobey Forum chairman Ron van Wezel.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit