The body that manages the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) has published a fact sheet outlining how merchants can securely accept payments using smartphones and tablets. In the document (pdf) the PCI Security Standards Council points out that “mobile devices are not necessarily designed to be secure input or storage devices for cardholder data,” and that approved card readers, PIN pads and point-to-point encryption solutions may be required.
- App offers order ahead restaurant service
- Facebook given licence to launch Messenger payments in Europe
- NFC clothing range connects US Ski Team with winter sports fans
- Google’s browser connects with BLE
- Belgian bank joins mobile payment platform