The body that manages the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) has published a fact sheet outlining how merchants can securely accept payments using smartphones and tablets. In the document (pdf) the PCI Security Standards Council points out that “mobile devices are not necessarily designed to be secure input or storage devices for cardholder data,” and that approved card readers, PIN pads and point-to-point encryption solutions may be required.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security