Drivers in Oakland, California can now pay for their parking by tapping their NFC phone on any of the city’s on-street parking meters. After setting up an account with operator Parkmobile, drivers can immediately start using the system with their registered mobile phone. Neighbouring San Francisco offers a similar system operated by PayByPhone.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service