Google has introduced a contactless prepaid card in Kenya, TechMtaa reports. The new Beba card can be loaded with up to Ksh 10,000 (US$115) and used to make payments on Nairobi’s Citi Hoppa buses.
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups
- Vancouver commuters ‘queue down the block’ for TransLink transit ticketing wristbands