Google has introduced a contactless prepaid card in Kenya, TechMtaa reports. The new Beba card can be loaded with up to Ksh 10,000 (US$115) and used to make payments on Nairobi’s Citi Hoppa buses.
- BBVA bank staff to test face recognition for self-serve restaurant orders and payments
- Carriers in Singapore, India, Thailand and the Philippines to link their mobile wallet services
- Huawei to launch mobile payments in 100 countries this year
- Church of England rolls out contactless donations to 16,000 churches, cathedrals and religious sites
- Auchan lets Italian supermarket shoppers scan and pay on their mobile phone