Google has introduced a contactless prepaid card in Kenya, TechMtaa reports. The new Beba card can be loaded with up to Ksh 10,000 (US$115) and used to make payments on Nairobi’s Citi Hoppa buses.
- Dollar General lets customers check out on their mobile phones
- National Bank of Canada lets merchants accept contactless payments on their Samsung smartphones
- Google explains how its BiometricPrompt API will work
- UnionPay promotes mobile payments adoption with discounts at merchants around the world
- UK government to use NFC to verify residency status of EU citizens after Brexit