Deals giant Groupon is testing a mobile payments acceptance service that would compete with Square, PayPal Here and Verifone Sail, according to VentureBeat. The service is reported to come with a free iPod Touch and card reader and is currently on trial in the Bay Area.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa