Deals giant Groupon is testing a mobile payments acceptance service that would compete with Square, PayPal Here and Verifone Sail, according to VentureBeat. The service is reported to come with a free iPod Touch and card reader and is currently on trial in the Bay Area.
- How facial recognition could replace train tickets
- Convenience store Cheers opens first unmanned, cashless outlet
- Visa chasing Indian payments market as mobile money gains traction
- NXP details best practices for deploying successful national electronic IDs
- Some Bitcoin backers are defecting to create a rival currency