Deals giant Groupon is testing a mobile payments acceptance service that would compete with Square, PayPal Here and Verifone Sail, according to VentureBeat. The service is reported to come with a free iPod Touch and card reader and is currently on trial in the Bay Area.
- Swatch brings its contactless payments service to Europe
- Chinese shopping street adopts face recognition payments
- TD Ameritrade leverages Apple Pay to let share buyers use debit cards to instantly fund their brokerage accounts
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service