Deals giant Groupon is testing a mobile payments acceptance service that would compete with Square, PayPal Here and Verifone Sail, according to VentureBeat. The service is reported to come with a free iPod Touch and card reader and is currently on trial in the Bay Area.
- Dubai’s Atlantis resort installs blockchain-based payments system for guests
- Car manufacturers back NFC for digital keys
- Apple Pay launches in Norway
- Beijing metro looks to biometrics to speed up payments at turnstiles
- Bankwest wins new customers with NFC payments ring