Orange has added NFC functionality to its mobile app for this year’s French Open tennis tournament, which takes place this week at the Stade Roland Garros in Paris. The service allows Cityzi NFC phone users to be guided to points of interest around the stadium and make payments at the “les Jardins de Roland Garros” restaurant.
- Report highlights discrepancies between what technology users want and what they adopt
- Erste Bank adds NFC to its QR mobile payments app
- Alipay and WeChat Pay to support common QR code standard for Japan
- Mexico pilots national NFC and QR mobile payments system
- Kenyan charity issues contactless wristbands to students for discounted meal payments