US drivers will soon be able to pay, claim loyalty points and redeem offers at the fuel pump using their NFC phones. Fuel dispenser maker Wayne has developed an EMV contactless and NFC option for its iX Pay Secure Payment modular in-dispenser terminals.
- Contactless payments are now used for half of all public transport journeys in London
- Samsung Pay to go live in South Africa in June
- Walmart files blockchain payments data storage patents
- Card networks to co-develop single buy button for online transactions
- PayPal can now be used to make Samsung Pay mobile payments in US stores