US drivers will soon be able to pay, claim loyalty points and redeem offers at the fuel pump using their NFC phones. Fuel dispenser maker Wayne has developed an EMV contactless and NFC option for its iX Pay Secure Payment modular in-dispenser terminals.
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution
- Mastercard launches several new APIs for developers
- Apple makes NFC tag reading available for beta testing
- Sydney man has Opal card implanted into hand to make catching public transport easier
- Beijing subway launches smartphone version of travel card