Arizona State University (ASU) has scooped the National Association of Campus Card Users (NACCU)’s inaugural Innovative Technology Award for its NFC-based mobile access control pilot. “The award was given to ASU in recognition of the pilot program’s ground-breaking work in validating the use of digital credentials on NFC smartphones for physical access control on a college campus,” says technology provider HID Global.
- Contactless to account for more than one in two POS transactions globally by 2022
- Face ID described as iPhone 8’s ‘crown jewel’, unlocking device in ‘a few hundred milliseconds’
- From the high street to the handset: How banks can stay connected to consumers in the smartphone era
- British Airways owner IAG launches mobile pay on new airline Level
- Heat become first NBA team with mobile-only entry