Chip maker Marvell has launched the Avastar 88W889, the first chip to include support for both 802.11ac WiFi and NFC. First announced at this year’s Mobile World Congress, the new chip is designed to be built into Ultrabooks, tablets, gaming consoles and smart TVs.
- UnionPay sets out its mobile payments rollout plans
- Google expands support for wearable payments to Canada, Spain, and Australia
- American Express files faster blockchain payments patent
- Crédit Agricole expands HCE payments to Visa cardholders
- Android P to include support for GlobalPlatform Open Mobile API