Chip maker Marvell has launched the Avastar 88W889, the first chip to include support for both 802.11ac WiFi and NFC. First announced at this year’s Mobile World Congress, the new chip is designed to be built into Ultrabooks, tablets, gaming consoles and smart TVs.
- NFC Forum unveils technical specification that lets IoT devices use a single antenna for both NFC and wireless charging
- Russian supermarket chain rolls out open loop fingerprint payments service
- Blockchain mobile payments pilot to go live in Mongolia
- US credit unions to offer blockchain digital ID service
- PenFed joins US move to contactless payment cards