Chip maker Marvell has launched the Avastar 88W889, the first chip to include support for both 802.11ac WiFi and NFC. First announced at this year’s Mobile World Congress, the new chip is designed to be built into Ultrabooks, tablets, gaming consoles and smart TVs.
- US Payments Forum offers card-not-present fraud advice
- Starbucks to add gift cards to iMessage as Mobile Order & Pay grows
- Dynamics CEO shares details on how LG Pay will work with magnetic stripe card terminals
- Esso customers get mobile payments and rewards at 1,000 Canadian gas stations
- White paper explores how dedicated Android NFC devices can be used to improve the delivery of financial services in emerging markets