Austrian mobile network operator A1 has begun the second phase of its Paybox NFC payments trial, with the expansion of the service to 5,000 customers, Der Standard reports. Both fast food giant McDonald’s and supermarket chain Merkur are taking part in the pilot, which was first announced in April.
- Apple Pay violates patents held by security technology inventor, lawsuit alleges
- Report: 70% of financial cards have chip
- NFC secure elements shipments to grow 12% in 2017
- Researchers create a T-shirt that monitors the wearer’s breathing rate in real time
- Tipping point for Apple Pay as majority of UK tills accept limitless payments