Phone maker HTC is set to announce a mobile payments partnership with Taiwan’s Cathay United Bank, transportation card issuer EasyCard and MasterCard, according to Taiwan’s Central News Agency. “The PayPass card will become Taiwan’s first innovation to integrate the functions of a credit card and an EasyCard into a micro-sized memory card, enabling mobile payments on the island when it is inserted into the HTC Incredible E smartphone,” says CNA.
- Gatwick Airport installs 2,000 BLE beacons for augmented reality wayfinding
- Lotte Card introduces ‘pay with your palm’
- Debit cards set to overtake cash in 2018, three years earlier than expected
- Digital, decisive and drone-ready: American Express commissioned study shows Gen Z’s customer experience expectations
- EU agency calls for action on IoT security