Phone maker HTC is set to announce a mobile payments partnership with Taiwan’s Cathay United Bank, transportation card issuer EasyCard and MasterCard, according to Taiwan’s Central News Agency. “The PayPass card will become Taiwan’s first innovation to integrate the functions of a credit card and an EasyCard into a micro-sized memory card, enabling mobile payments on the island when it is inserted into the HTC Incredible E smartphone,” says CNA.
- BBVA brings Android Pay to Spain
- Moneris study reveals 36% contactless payment increase in Canada
- JCPenney adds credit cards and loyalty rewards to Apple Pay
- Tech company workers agree to have microchips implanted in their hands
- Tap-and-go kills the cash cow