Phone maker HTC is set to announce a mobile payments partnership with Taiwan’s Cathay United Bank, transportation card issuer EasyCard and MasterCard, according to Taiwan’s Central News Agency. “The PayPass card will become Taiwan’s first innovation to integrate the functions of a credit card and an EasyCard into a micro-sized memory card, enabling mobile payments on the island when it is inserted into the HTC Incredible E smartphone,” says CNA.
- Contactless transit payments go live in Miami
- Telia tests 5G face recognition payments
- Lojas Americanas opens checkout-free automated convenience stores in Brazil
- Apple rolls out Apple Card, extends 3% cashback offer to third party merchants
- Facebook to partner with banks for WhatsApp payments rollout?