Google could be getting ready to launch an NFC-equipped Android tablet at its I/O developer event this week, according to Gizmodo, which reports that the Nexus 7 is built by Asus and includes a 1.3Ghz quad-core Tegra 3 processor and a GeForce 12-core GPU. 8GB and 16GB versions of the 7-inch Android Jelly Bean device will be available, retailing at US$199 and $249 respectively, according to a leaked document seen by the publication.
- Rambus publishes quick guide to Apple Pay
- Chinese banks roll out face recognition at the ATM
- Germany’s central bank reports on potential of blockchain for payments
- NXP releases NFC tag toolkit for iOS
- Banks back government-led Taiwan Pay QR payments service