Google could be getting ready to launch an NFC-equipped Android tablet at its I/O developer event this week, according to Gizmodo, which reports that the Nexus 7 is built by Asus and includes a 1.3Ghz quad-core Tegra 3 processor and a GeForce 12-core GPU. 8GB and 16GB versions of the 7-inch Android Jelly Bean device will be available, retailing at US$199 and $249 respectively, according to a leaked document seen by the publication.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa