Google could be getting ready to launch an NFC-equipped Android tablet at its I/O developer event this week, according to Gizmodo, which reports that the Nexus 7 is built by Asus and includes a 1.3Ghz quad-core Tegra 3 processor and a GeForce 12-core GPU. 8GB and 16GB versions of the 7-inch Android Jelly Bean device will be available, retailing at US$199 and $249 respectively, according to a leaked document seen by the publication.
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups
- Vancouver commuters ‘queue down the block’ for TransLink transit ticketing wristbands