Fashion chain Gap has used wristbands and NFC phones to allow customers to vote for the best dressed staff at two stores in Tokyo. Customers were given contactless wristbands which were then “high fived” against NFC phones carried by store assistants. A successful touch registered a vote, signalled by a cheer from the phone and a post being made to the customer’s Facebook timeline, reports CScout Japan’s Michael Keferl.
- Meet NFC World’s partners at Mobile World Congress
- India’s Mobikwik aims to triple user base in 2017
- Consumers show more trust in mobile wallet security
- Crédit Mutuel Arkéa launches HCE mobile payments developed with Antelop
- US banks launch money-transfer app