Google has announced two new NFC features will be available in the Android 4.1 ‘Jelly Bean’ version of its Android Beam service. Users will now be able to send photos and videos from one Android device to another by tapping two NFC devices together, with the link initiated via NFC before handing over to Bluetooth for the transfer. They will also be able to pair with and connect to NFC Bluetooth devices with a touch.
- Six in ten Chinese consumers have experienced a mobile payments security threat
- Japanese NFC pioneer NTT Docomo to introduce QR code payments
- Shanghai Metro installs QR code readers at ticketing gates
- National Australia Bank integrates with Amazon Alexa
- Westpac adds support for Amazon Alexa