Google has announced two new NFC features will be available in the Android 4.1 ‘Jelly Bean’ version of its Android Beam service. Users will now be able to send photos and videos from one Android device to another by tapping two NFC devices together, with the link initiated via NFC before handing over to Bluetooth for the transfer. They will also be able to pair with and connect to NFC Bluetooth devices with a touch.
- Call to ‘digitise Indian rupee’ using blockchain
- Mercedes Pay mobile payments unveiled for Daimler mobility services
- P2P service expands to Macau
- GlobalPlatform standardises TEE management
- Google to add payments for Home Assistant?