Google has announced two new NFC features will be available in the Android 4.1 ‘Jelly Bean’ version of its Android Beam service. Users will now be able to send photos and videos from one Android device to another by tapping two NFC devices together, with the link initiated via NFC before handing over to Bluetooth for the transfer. They will also be able to pair with and connect to NFC Bluetooth devices with a touch.
- Tesco lets shoppers self-checkout with their mobile phone at new Jack’s discount chain
- Brunei’s largest bank to use Rambus’ Token Service Provider platform to secure mobile payment transactions
- HID Global enables workers to log in with NFC mobile phones
- Costa lets customers make payments with their coffee cups
- Vancouver commuters ‘queue down the block’ for TransLink transit ticketing wristbands