Google’s Nexus 7 tablet, launched earlier today, contains a PN65 NFC controller from NXP. The chip features an embedded secure element to support secure NFC transactions such as payments, ticketing, and access control.
- Opal card implanted into Sydney man Meow-Meow could be deactivated by NSW authorities
- American Express goes live with Android Pay in Canada
- A biometric ring could replace your passwords, cards and keys
- Singapore banks to allow cellphone numbers for transfers
- NXP, Shanghai Unicom and Roam2Free collaborate to develop secure eSIM solution