French mobile network operators Orange, Bouygues Télécom, SFR and NRJ Mobile have announced that more than one million Cityzi NFC phones have now been sold. First launched in the city of Nice in May 2010 with just one feature phone, 18 Cityzi NFC mobile phone models are now available in France.
- Orange to launch mobile-only bank with NFC payments and AI
- Bank of Korea signs up retailers for coinless society trial
- Six Dutch banks to take Belgium’s Payconiq to the Netherlands
- NXP and GCL Technologies offer NFC tamper evident closure solution for wine and spirits brands
- Mastercard tests biometric payments card in South Africa