Russian Post has signed an agreement with MasterCard to jointly develop and commercialise a range of “innovative financial products”. As a first step, 2,000 of Russian Post’s 42,000 post offices will be equipped to accept PayPass contactless payments. Pilot tests of MasterCard Mobile and MasterCard MoneySend will be conducted and the potential of NFC mobile payments will also be investigated.
- Japanese bank plans new biometrics firm
- Boon launches in France for Apple Pay users
- Mobile marketplace offers African farmers promise of richer, cashless harvest
- US bank backs top five mobile payment services
- Mobile payments market worth $3,338bn by 2022