Israel-based contactless technology developer On Track Innovations has been granted two new patents. US patent 8,195,236, “Retrofit contactless smart SIM functionality in mobile communicators” covers adding NFC to mobile phones with a SIM+antenna add-on, while US patent 8,186,602, “Multi-application contactless smart card“, deals with supporting multiple applications or payment mechanisms on a single contactless device.
- UK restaurant chains test digital mobile banking receipts tied to customer purchases
- Apple marks Earth Day with Apple Pay donations
- WeChat Pay and offline mobile payments see “incredibly high” uptake in China
- Visa EMV transactions pass 1bn in the US
- Singapore banks add in-store QR code payments to mobile apps